With the sad news of the great Yao Ming's premature retirement, we have gone ahead and dig-dugged through the archives to unveil this emotional rollercoaster of a timeline: Yao Ming "Through the Years"...
- June 2001: Scouts buzz after Yao measures in an astonishing 8'5 at combine, but it is short-lived after it was revealed he is only 7'6 sans afro
- November 2002: Yao is baffled and irate after his post-game massage does not include a happy ending
- December 2002: Yao re-popularizes the Ivan Drago flattop on a global scale
- February 2003 : Yao dines with Metal Mouth
July 2003: Yao takes leisurely ride on bicycle with Earl Boykins in the front basket
- January 2004: Yao & Moochie Norris trade wives
- May 2004: Yao playfully stuffs Tyronn Lue into his wonton soup at a team dinner
- March 2005: Yao stares directly at you through the television
- April 2005: Yao becomes only player since Manute Bol to dunk his own balls in a game
- January 2006: The selfless Ming gives himself a Sports Hernia in an effort to promote humorous sports blog he discovered while googling "cheeseburger earmuffs"
- March 2006: For reasons forever unknown, Yao drapes his legs in Christmas lights and miraculously uses more bulbs than Clark Griswold
- February 2007: Jeff Van Gundy walks clean through Yao's legs to berate referee
- April 2007: As a goof, Yao suggests aloud that China build a giant bird's nest; a year later the Beijing National Stadium becomes the centerpiece of the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing
- October 2008: Yao goes out to dinner with wife in full Rockets uniform and inexplicably, a pair of cleats
- February 2009: Yao enters own house to the nWo theme song while strumming a believable air guitar
April 2009: Yao speaks in Sylvester Stallone "Cobra voice" for entire year
- December 2010: Has entire Rockets beat team convinced he was soaking his ailing foot in Snake Soup to heal
- January 2011: Yao's interpreter wins "best job on earth" for the 10th year running
- 2001-2011: Yao pretends to not speak or understand English
- Today: Yao starts filming buddy cop movie with Gheorghe Muresan tentatively titled "Above the Law"