Is a chat with a New York Daily News sportswriter (hockey, no less) really live, developing or even a story? With Hernia legend Michael Obernauer of all people? And worthy of a fiery red exclamation point? Great, no earthquakes or tsunamis today, but there's a hockey chat coming up.
Even the past five presidents took a backseat to what we can only imagine was a spirited, emoticon-laden chatfest for the ages.
Expect to see the following 'breaking' news alerts for all the other Daily News sports scribes some time later this week:
LIVE DEVELOPING STORY!
- Frank Isola beginning to write article.
- Bill Gallo about to draw something perverted.
- Bill Madden moments away from sweeping hair to other side of head.
- Mitch Lawrence possibly off the market, ladies.
- John Harper hopefully getting ready to depart the 1980s.
- Filip Bondy just about finished sleeping with your wife.
- Gary Myers rumored to eventually stop smiling when he speaks.
- Mike Lupica debating whether to write about Yankee payroll, Hillary or both.
- The Slammer to order wrestling Pay-Per View for 163rd straight month.
- Bob Raissman's mustache still considering throwing TV out window.
- Hoops Weiss' toupee accidentally headed for paper shredder.
- Rich Cimini getting ready to compose wild email to friend.
- Ralph Vacciano is laughing because he knows something that you do not.
- Richard Huff amazingly still not being charged with something.