Ever wonder whose responsible for creating the soothing sounds behind WFAN's theme music? You know, the music that's apparently trapped in time, with absolutely no plans to ever change? Well after a little research we've learned the talented music troupe you see above are indeed the ones responsible for the magical jingles that put that extra hop in your step on a daily basis.
What's more interesting is, contrary to popular belief, the music is simply not a recording played over and over, each and every day. These dudes are actually live in the studio, banging it out seven days a week.
Here are some quick notes on the band members:
- Bottom left, 1st row - is he winking at us? You better believe it, pal.
- Top right, back row - looks like someone slapped a toupee on his head at the last second. For this reason, we love him.
- Far right, front row - he's actually the son of the guy behind him with the toupee, and he's furious about the inherited male pattern baldness, but he'd never let you know that.
- Second from left, back row - he's obviously the rising young star. Totally in control.
- The guy in the center simply can't believe the band. And he will never get over it.
- Far left, back row - this guy is always strategically placed there; and I'm pretty sure we all know why.
- Strangely, the guy in the back, 2nd from right, is not even in the band, he just really likes the band.
Legend has it the band came up with the glorious WFAN theme song in one long, inspired session during another manic, drug-filled weekend at Chris Russo's secret lakehouse, under the guidance of legendary producer Rick Rubin.