They've certainly taken it up a notch here in terms of creativity and certainly have us believing he was on an actual court when this was taken. We say genius.
But just what are they trying to convey here with this artistic shot, shrouded in mystery and intrigue?
Here's what we came up with:
- This is Bayless pretending he's Bob Cousy in 1953, going for the realistic 'invisible basket, finger-roll of destiny' look
- He's pretending this picture is for a shitty, budget-conscious yearbook
- The photographer asked him to pretend he's playing in outer space
- He's a thinking man's player, reciting Shakespeare to one very lucky basketball
- This is his first date with an official NBA basketball and he's making it consume his irresistible, dreamy eyes
- This is actually just a Fathead of Bayless stuck to a remarkably spotless wall
- It's just an awful pose that is mere moments away from being applied to one of those ridiculously cheesy posters, where he is on planet BlazeTron finger-rolling Mars
- He's giving the NBA ball that dreaded physical, and asking it to cough with his eyes