Moments later Michael Wilbon would attempt to eat the visually-appetizing tie, but the adept Scott was too fast and disappeared through a trap door and into the safe confines of the Candy Land board game.
Sasha Vujacic was called for a foul after this discreet, and we must say weakly applied, figure four leg lock on Ray Allen. The fancy boy surprisingly contested Steve Javie's call, whining, wincing, grimacing and stamping his feet as if someone just told him Jonathan Antin's chic hair salon in West Hollywood would be closed indefinitely.
The fact he didn't use one of his teammates on the bench to distract the ref, someone who could do it well like fellow evil Euro Pau Gasol, is even more puzzling.
What is going on here, did one of Stern's street soldiers zap Rondo's head with a shrinking gun or has Michelle Tafoya's head just turned into a tremendous explosion of auburn lettuce? My god, you could fit nine Rondo heads in that bulbous salad shooter.
Why does she look so proportionally larger than him? Andre the Giant interviewing Beetlejuice would look less awkward than this. She not only looks like she could effortlessly twist a cap off a beer bottle that's not supposed to be twisted, she looks like she could twist Rondo's head right off his body.
Bad angle? Perhaps. Gargantuan head nonetheless? Indeed. Dot Matrix inspired hair-do? Totally.
The ominous fella pictured here, which we think is the legendary Donald Sutherland record producer Lou Adler, is either there to covertly hand off specific instructions from Stern directly to the referees -- which seems likely since the uneasy Joey Crawford is draped in sweat -- or he's just really, really embarrassed to be an NBA fan.
He appears to be torn between playing a round of golf and going to a rave after the game. Confused old men that cruise gay bars have been less disguised than Donald Lou here.
UPDATE: A knowledgeable source has just confirmed to us that, "it's Lou Alder, the guy who used to manage Cheech and Chong and is
probably more well known for fathering Cisco Adler, the LA
gadfly/musician who used to bang Mischa Barton and has balls the size
In case you haven't noticed since the NBA Finals began last Thursday, the Larry O'Brien Championship Trophy is everywhere. Sure, it's always had a presence this time of year and rightfully so, but now you can find it anywhere you look, and it's begun to take on a cartoon-like presence.
A trophy such as this with so much rich history surrounding it should command respect, but you can't help but laugh at it's painfully forced presence. Here's a quick look at some of the unusual places where the NBA has been force feeding us the whorish trophy.
- As witnessed at right, Jeff Van Gundy forced to wear gaudy trophy earrings - Yankees and Red Sox forced to wear Finals Trophy patch - Team bench towels replaced with replica trophy squeegees
- Mysterious giant trophies carved out in crop fields across globe
- Scot Pollard forced to paint little trophys on his nails
- Doug Collins forced to wear uncomfortable trophy-shaped underwear - Gheorghe Muresan forced to dance with it on special version of ABC's Dancing with the Stars - Mike Breen forced to share a hotel room with it (probably not forced)
- Trophy now scripted to win Royal Rumble this weekend
- Joey Crawford forced to officiate every other quarter with it in his pants
- Regis forced to cohost with it for the rest of the week
- Trophy to replace Kramer in all episodes of Seinfeld this week
- NBC Nightly News to be anchored by the Trophy
- Extreme Makeover Home Edition to build new house for family of affable Trophys
- Trophy thankfully replaces Mike Lupica on The Sports Reporters (permanently) - Curt Schilling spotted nearby taking notes on it (voluntarily)
- Phil Jackson dining with it inside a teepee - Stern himself spotted in embarrassing, ill-fitted trophy costume
After the jump is a glimpse into the life of this sociable, shameless trophy...
Curt Schilling attended the Lakers-Celtics game in Boston the other night and, much to our surprise, he was gracious enough to post an entry in his blog about it! In doing so, Schill provided us with his take on Kobe Bryant's leadership skills and the treatment of his teammates, ya know, the things Curt has always been so good at, because his teammates love him and certainly never want to run over his head with a rototiller.
Anyhow, in the event that Curt decides to attend another game, here are a few suggestions for him to consider as an alternative to his copious note taking:
- Shove cotton candy up his ass - Place piping hot cheeseburgers on his eyeballs - Order a waffle and repeatedly slap himself in the face with it - Yell at his kids - Cut holes in his jersey to expose his nipples - Text Manny to tell him he's been traded - Let the fans behind him give him a perm - Wear King Kong Bundy's tights - Take texting privileges away from his daughter - Order two hot dogs and play the air drums with them - Lecture all the cursing, drunk fans - Get mic'd up so he can sing Nickelback - Bravely take a shot to the face from a shirt rocket at point blank range - Take a shot to the face from an actual rocket at point blank range - Place burning flares in his ears and pretend to land a plane - Roll himself into a giant strip of bacon and sit next to Rich Garces - Sit next to Nelson de la Rosa and takes notes on him
Nothing changes an average game like Betting Online. When you have a stake in the outcome of a contest, a typical match can become a memorable event. One might say that it's even more fun than a sports hernia...
and you could come away with some extra cash! The only better feeling than winning is having extra pocket money.