The Seahawks bizarrely announced yesterday that Jim Mora Jr. will be their new head coach beginning in the 2009 season, taking over for Mike Holmgren who has already informed Seattle he'll be retiring after next season.
In light of the strange, foolishly early decision, other teams in the NFL have gone ahead and made equally strange announcements.
Detroit Lions preemptively select
Justin Jarvis with the 4th pick of the '09 Draft
Cardinals preemptively eliminate selves from playoff contention in '08, '09 and '10
Rams to hold ping pong lottery to determine '09 coach
Jets to determine entire '08 roster by playing Mad Libs
Bengals announce, "we don't know exactly what yet, but something awful"
Dolphins announce joining the ACC in hopes to be Bowl eligible
Vikings announce Jeff George tryout in 2012
Chicago Bears announce plans of cloning Devin Hester
Atlanta Falcons announce, "Yay, we're still in the NFL!"
Texans announce ineptitude
over the Bills.
Redskins announce laundry list of overpaid free agents and a 3rd place finish in '09
Niners announce yet another re-release of "1980's Team of the Decade" DVD
Kansas City Chiefs issue double apology for disgraceful 2008 and 2009 seasons
Raiders announce signing Shaq to 13-year, 150 million dollar deal in summer of 2012
(PHOENIX, AZ) -- The stunning trade of one-time freak of nature turned full-time boulder impersonator, Shaquille O'Neal, from the Heat to the Suns has left Western Conference GMs frantically searching for an answer to His Beefiness. Here's a look at some of the moves already made as well as some scintillating rumors...
- The Mavs have convinced Shawn Bradley to come out of retirement, but only under the condition he wears a Cobra-Kai headband
- Lakers have inked longtime journeyman and fan favorite, Treebeard, to 10-day contract
- The Hornets have signed Muggsy Bogues and attached him to the St. Louis Arch
- San Antonio has worked out an unknown giraffe playing on stilts
- Sources from Utah have confirmed the Jazz have signed one of the faces on Mt. Rushmore
- Warriors sign Brawny Paper Towel guy to 7-year deal
- Sonics exercise rights to Big Foot while the Mavs will likely retain the rights to Giant Gonzalez
Nothing changes an average game like Betting Online. When you have a stake in the outcome of a contest, a typical match can become a memorable event. One might say that it's even more fun than a sports hernia...
and you could come away with some extra cash! The only better feeling than winning is having extra pocket money.